What's killing our rosemary plant?

We've had a rosemary plant in a pot by the window in the kitchen for several years. This fall the leaves started turning brown and after a while the plant was effectively dead.
We bought a replacement a few weeks ago and it's already going through exactly the same process.
We thought a fungus might have gotten the first plant so we used new dirt and a new pot, so the obvious routes of contamination were avoided.
Here's a link to a bad picture of the new plant, but maybe you can make something out:
http://www.visi.com/~bert
Any ideas what's going on?
--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN snipped-for-privacy@visi.com

How often and how much are you watering? What size pot is it in? Far more people over water indoor plants than under water them. You might try putting 2 or 3 tablespoons of regular old cornmeal on the soil and water it in. It is a natural anti-fungus and will also provide some mild fertilization. By the way, have you fertilized it after putting it in the new soil? One more minor thing...could you size those pictures down just a little bit? Thomas

In

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN snipped-for-privacy@visi.com

I'll try then send them back to you. Thomas

Never fertilize during the winter!

pictures were huge! Over 500K and really big. :-)
I'm downsizing mine using photoshop and getting posting pictures down to around 150 K.
Much easier to view. :-)
Your digicam should have resolution settings too. You can take a "lower quality" picture to bring the size down as well if you do not have a graphics program to manipulate it with.
--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...