What is eating holes in my tomatoes?

Something is eating holes in my tomatoes. The tomatoes are not touching the ground. Here is a picture of two tomatoes with holes in them:
http://img57.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tomatoeswithholescn1.jpg
What is eating these holes and what can I do about it? Thank you in advance for all replies.
--
Never ever let your brain explode. It's VERY bad for you and
it leaves a terrible mess for someone to clean up.

Hornworm
http://www.entm.purdue.edu/Entomology/vegisite/insect_ID_pics/CH6_Tomatoes/hornworm%20_damage.jpg
http://wihort.uwex.edu/fruitveggies/Tomatoes1_files/slide0054_image102.jpg
I'm thinking grasshoppers. The holes in my tomatoes look much the same. But not knowing where you are it's just a guess. The grasshoppers here in Texas are voracious.

Thomas said:

That's my thought, too. (I've got more grasshoppers than usual this year. More rabbits, too. Probably the weather last fall and winter.)
Hornworms usually devastate the leaves in a pretty noticable way in addition to munching on the fruit.

Daniel Prince Wrote:

It could be grasshoppers, Tomato Hornworm or slugs. I use tha diometreus(excuse spelling) earth stuff on mine. It is a natura product and non toxic to humans and animals but gets rid of the bugs
-- Maryc

Diatomaceous earth comes from diatoms which are various microscopic one-celled or colonial algae of the class Bacillariophyceae, having cell walls of silica. To a bug, it is like spreading broken glass all over the place. Probably not good for your lungs, so try not to inhale it.
William L. Rose wrote:

I see field mice eating mine, :-(,,, after a few lbs of poisen bait, and limited results, I would much rather use this method, think it will deter the mice ? As I recall it's avail at pool supply stores ? TIA,,,, ed in Sacramento Ca.
ed wrote:

Cayenne pepper mixed with water - couple heaping tablespoons per gallon and sprinkled on plants will stop rabbits and squirrels from munching - won't harm plants. Don't know abut mice. A few of my tomatoes have been attacked from the bottom by some kind of worm - must be the hornworm - I put any infected tomato into the plastic gargabe can - hopefully to control the spread.
Will Sevin work on hormworms?
I sure will try that mixture, will start with the ripening fruit 1st! This could be a win win for us and the soil, kewl, I'll post results in few days. thanks, ed