Tomatoes

I'm in metro Denver. My tomatoes are smaller than usual, but abundant, and ripening a few weeks early. Those ripening are a bit larger than golf balls. Varieties this year are Big Beef, Black Krim, Caspian Pink, and Persimmon. It's been very hot and dry here. Anyone else having these problems? George
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (George) wrote:

That's weird. So many odd things with the weather. Our Caspians are usually at least 3 inches in diameter. My DH just loves those. Last year, we had tomatoes in mid-June (here in the mid-Midwest). This year, there were none until about July 6. And those were the little ones. It's been a very slow start this year. I have enough each day for plentiful consumption but none, yet, for preserving.
Isabella
--
"I will show you fear in a handful of dust"
-T.S. Eliot
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (George) wrote:

Gosh I have no idea about the leaves and will look at ours tomorrow and let you know if ours are different than yours. I also like the Caspians better than the Brandywines. My DH finally planted Mortgage Lifter at my request and I'm so anxious to see how they taste. The other day at the grocery, they had these really dark, almost blackish heirloom tomatoes--- German something. They were gorgeous but, of course, I did not buy any since we have our own tomatoes. I'll recommend Persimmon to my DH.
Isabella