Tomato Blight & Potatoes

I am growing some Autumn potatoes (Carlingford & Charlotte) and they are just starting to sprout above ground level.

However, I have planted them right next to some tomatoes which haven't finished cropping yet, but are starting to show quite a bit of Tomato blight.

Is it likely that this could be transmitted to the Potatoes, or is it a different variety that they suffer from?

If it's the same, have I left it too late already (since the tomato blight spores must already be around) or should I dig up the tomatoes now to give my spuds the best chance of not catching blight themselves?

Colin

----- (Sorry - no direct email. Please reply via the newsgroup)

Reply to
Colin Malsingh