Tomato blight

Do prophylactic applications of fungicides work to prevent Late Blight in tomatoes? How about waiting until the first sign of spotted yellow leaves and then spraying? Daconil, Captan, Maneb, or Bordeaux mixture?

Planning for next year, Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

I sprayed my plants with Agway's Fruit Tree Spray, which contains Captan, after they started to get sick, it arrested the disease and I got a fair number of tomatoes. I'll look for something safer next year and use it prophylacticly.

Reply to
General Schvantzkoph

Seem to be lots of tomato problems in the US this year, however Washington State was pretty good overall.

Cornell put out some info on this year's NE crop conditions that may be useful to you:

gunner

Not surprisingly Eastern Canada, as well.

Reply to
Drew Davis

mor