Tomato blight

My tomatoes were ruined by blight this year, they were grown in ring culture collars, I have destroyed the plants but can I reuse the compost, ie put it in my compost bin?
xander
--
Alex Saward

On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 16:51:39 +0000, Alex Saward
: :My tomatoes were ruined by blight this year, they were grown in ring :culture collars, I have destroyed the plants but can I reuse the :compost, ie put it in my compost bin? :xander Are you talking about fungus? I wouldn't be concerned. My tomatoes have done better than ever this year resisting fungus. Reason: I stopped all overhead watering. I kept the plants as dry as possible, only watering from down low. As a result I still have very excellent tomatoes hanging. Gonna have a warm week coming up, but have little hope for more after this week.
Dan