their coming!!!! THE CATERPILLARS THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

they are hitting EVERYTHING...we are catching them, but there are TONS of eggs all OVER our plants...
wanting to stay organic, is there anything we can do?
DE maybe?
TIA

What kind of caterpillars? We just went through our peak of tent catapillars for 3 yrs in a row ending last yr. We have 90 acres so there really was not much point in doing anything. Lived with it (although it was pretty hard walking through the bush with them falling on your head) and dreamed of this yr when they would be gone and we could have apples and cherries again... The trees survived and the birds thrived. You may have luck scraping the eggs off - but if it is a peak season it'll be a losing battle. If you want to remain orgainic a hard spray of water to knock them off and drown them. There are many tricks to keep them off of flowering trees - aluminum foil that they can't climb over, tanglefoot that traps them, google it organic- you'll find lots. Tina
actually, they are just in our garden...haven't seen them in this QUANTITY anywhere else (we only have an acre ;) (but our dreams are to move north and be self suffiencient)

of
catapillars
not
this
that
In article <bn5vuu$tfd62$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-204061.news.uni-
:) wanting to stay organic, is there anything we can do? :) :) DE maybe? :) :) Go with BT for caterpillars. It will come in a dust or liquid form. They will quit feeding when infected and it won't bother other insects.
--
Neat site:
http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/java/scienceopticsu/p

NM - found it.. thnx
says...

What are examples of your plants that you are growing?
JK
joe s wrote:

--

J. Kolenovsky, A+, Network +, MCP
pole beans, peas, cucumbers, carrotts, tomatoes, lettuce, onions, cabbage, broccolli, mustard greens, cauliflower, radishes and corn.
What are examples of your plants that you are growing?
JK
joe s wrote:

-- J. Kolenovsky, A+, Network +, MCP - http://www.celestialhabitats.com - business - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/personal.html - personal
sorry, not pole beans, but bush beans