The stinkyest smell gardening list.

What gardening smell tops this. I just did this today. And showered and it still isn't coming off. Get a 5 year old bottle of liquid fish fertilizer 5-1-1 That has a cracked cap and got moldy and real pasty. Put some water in it to get it flowing and dump a bunch in a watering can. Then take the water hose and shoot it in the can so it shoots out the top all over your face and chest.
Feel free to add to the list.
1) Liquid moldy Fish fertilizer sprayed all over your face.
None4U wrote:

2) When your neighbour spreads fresh chicken litter over acres including feathers, feet, heads etc and before any rain the wind changes to come from his direction. Breathtaking, gag inducing, asthma provoking.
3) When you discover a tub that you filled with weeds and lost that has now filled with water and gone anaerobic. You find it under some rampant creeper by accidentally kicking the tub and spraying black water everywhere. Pure evil, heaving stomach cramps.
David
HAHA!! Isn't gardening fun!?!?

not....

He jests at scars, that never felt a wound.
--
- Billy

4. the contents of your fly trap. Originally baited with some stinking powder mixed with water. Made more putrid over several weeks by rotting flies and sun.
Invariably taking the lid off the ridiculously thin plastic container resulted in the bastard splitting and spraying fly rot up your arms and down t-shirt. One shower later & the a smell like fresh cow poop still remains.
rob

Well, there was that groundhog that was destroying the garden. I was so desperate the rifle came out. I thought I had missed until a couple of weeks later. He made it to the entrance of his den, under the porch. Steve

6. Bought a house with ample garden space. Started clearing a few plots and found an old Coleman cooler in the tall weeds. Why I opened that, I'll never know, but I'll never do it again. It had someones now extremely rancid picnic lunch inside, my lunch landed next to it. The cooler was still there when I sold the place a couple years later.
Newb
snipped-for-privacy@ioa.com says...

Drowned squirrel in a rainbarrel, here.
We keep rainbarrels covered these days.

AWWWWWW!!!! Nasty. !!!!!

about my chest downward, a garden hose filled with warm water was nearby, and I was at home.     Such "tea pots" are commonplace around here but they are not normally _that_ well-aged! LOL I steep green trimmings, for example, in the hot FL sun, sometimes adding store-bought microbes, and use the liquid for diluting fish emulsion or whatever, compost starter, etc. Losing track of that particular bucket could be taken, I suppose, as evidence of the notorious "the Balvenie" effect ;-)

mower only once or twice each year. It is stored in a shed that, otherwise, gets very little attention. One hot spring morning within the past two-or-three years, my nose led me thereto and to a o'possum who'd got himself wedged partway in the discharge chute and partway under the mower bed. My first removal attempt reduced the beast to 'possum parts. Indulge your imagination for a few seconds and you'll have a hint.... I still smell it on humid summer mornings.
--
the Balvenieman
USDA zone 9b, peninsular FL, U.S.A.

So what smells worse.
Dead Armadillo, Dead possum Dead groundhog.

None4U said:

Had one manage to die in the daylilies next to my neighbor's house (which is right near my kitchen door).
But the nastiest smell I've run into while gardening when I've managed to stick a finger into a rotten peanut that some squirrel had buried in my garden the year before. Oh, it's just HORRIBLE.
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

snipped-for-privacy@nospam.none says...

The one you have to deal with.
...and makes the best story.
says...

Very true! and then there are those rotten potatoes in the cellar, you know... the ones you forgot about until you put your hand into them.....
says...

I can remember breaking a hard boiled egg found under a pine tree next to the porch. In the dead of summer , that was left over from the Easter egg hunt.