Super Food.... Is there any thing super?

'The use of general terms on food, such as 'healthy for you' or 'superfood', implies a health benefit. However, these terms do not communicate why the food is healthy or a super food. So, the regulation requires they are backed up by a relevant and authorized health claim. This way the consumer knows why this food is healthy.' This is a lift up of the portion from an article that I found at
http://www.theanalystmagazine.com/july2007/103.htm

Why? There's nothing you need other than what's available naturally. Beyond that, its just waste to fill a less than full stomach if its "super". Don't make any sense to me. Dave