Summer home with a garden

My parents live in Nothern California, and looking to buy a summer home with a small garden (to grow vegetables and strawberry), preferably in Southern Oregon. What is a right way to shop for it - are there any real estate agents, listings, etc specializing in this kind of properties ?
On 26 May 2004 17:56:36 -0700 in
graced the world with this thought:

Do a google for real estate in So. Oregon. Pic a town, like say, Grant's Pass. Just put in "real estate" "grant's pass," and you'll get a load of hits, I'm sure. If you check a few sites, you'll find some listed with property. They usually have your choice of property to choose from, houses in town, houses with property, property with no house, townhouses and condos. Plow around a little, there's a lot of multi-listed stuff that they share.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in message

There are a bunch of small towns in that area...and they will find people in small towns usually have gardens set up. Generally, it's too expensive to go to rural groceries for produce.
Are they looking Southern Coastal or inland? Even if they buy in the areas outside of Ashland, they are going to find most places offer land for a garden. I know less about the coastal area but many of the places in Gold Beach looked like they had enough land for a vegetable garden.
And if they own a summer home, they should seriously consider renting/leasing it out to responsible folks. When I lived just across the Oregon border (about 45 min from Ashland) people were charging between $600 and $1000/month for summer home rentals / caretaking positions. Doesn't seem like a lot when you are from the Bay area but the average income out there is around $17,000 (including all the luxury homes outside of Lake Shastina) not $40,000+.
~b

Inland in a sense that they are not looking for a beach-front property, but for gardening only. At the same time they would stronlgly prefer a wetter and colder climat, while it should be within a day's drive from San-Francisco. What place would you recommend ?
I did not quite understand what you meant by "they should seriously consider renting/leasing it out to responsible folks" ? Thay are planning to live there, or at least visit it every 2 weeks, all the time from the late spring to early fall.