Strangers on my tree.

We have a dwarf cherry tree that hosted some strange parasites last year. They were small, black, flat, shiny, slow-moving worms that looked just like the flatworms that sometimes threatened Muldur on the X-Files. They ate lace patterns on the leaves. Rosebush dust put them to rout last year.
Now the buds on the tree are opening and I am concerned about the infestation returning. I have Googled around but have not been able to isolate their identity or find a specific for their prevention. Does anyone here have a clue? TIA.
www.locoworks.com wrote:

Cherry slugs, google for a description and treatment.

Thank you.