Storing and cooking Sunchokes

Last spring I planted one pound of Sunchokes. I expected to get at most ten pounds but when I harvested them today, I got about 31.6 pounds.
What is the best way for me to store them? I live in Los Angeles so the ground never freezes. Right now it gets up to about 68 degrees F in the daytime and around 40 degrees at night but it will start getting warmer soon. I have places in my yard that get no direct sunlight this time of the year.
What are some good ways to cook them, preferably in the microwave? Thank you in advance for all replies. -- Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY, REALLY good. I'll have some of that!"

Treat them like potatoes, but go easy on eating them. They give many people the runs if you overdose.
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot