Something so satisfying

In eating something grown from your own land with your own hands . The strawberry shortcake tonight was delicious , and the salads lately have been phenomenal . This is the best year ever for lettuce , and this year's was all grown from seed I saved from last year . The tomatoes ... I can hardly wait to pick a nice sun ripened tomato and bite into it straight from the plant . And they're blooming like crazy . Life out in the woods is indeed sweet .
--
Snag
And the acorn squash has already set fruit ...
On 05/25/2015 06:36 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

Hi Terry,
1+ Have trouble putting the stuff down.
I have a theory as to why folks don't eat their vegi's. It is because they taste like crap. I love home grown and local grown.
-T
T wrote:

I have to agree with the taste theory . Commercial growers don't care about taste , they care about shipping well and profit . I care about flavor , but even more important I care about the fact that I don't use chemicals to grow my fruits and veggies . The only things I use are some 13/13/13 fertilizer (sparingly) , a BT product and a fungicide when necessary .
--
Snag

On 05/25/2015 08:25 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

Pick green and lay flat.
I wonder what heirloom spinach tastes like. It definitely does not lay flat!
First local grown organic carrots I tried, I almost flipped. Carrots actually taste good! I mean REALLY GOOD!