So Cal, Zone 9

Looking for best varieties for gowing in out heat: Lettuice Cucumbers Tomatoes peppers Beans Peas Melons carrots

Any ideas? And what calatogs? I am growing an organic garden so I don't want anything genetically modified, or treated with fungicides.

Helen

Reply to
HPBudlong

have you checked the sunset book -western gardening?

Reply to
Someone

UC davis has lots of great info. Even a book just for CA. (which is great btw) I'm in Zone 9 also.

I can't grow lettuce or peas in the heat here.

Reply to
Nicole H