So Cal, Zone 9

Looking for best varieties for gowing in out heat: Lettuice Cucumbers Tomatoes peppers Beans Peas Melons carrots
Any ideas? And what calatogs? I am growing an organic garden so I don't want anything genetically modified, or treated with fungicides.
Helen
HPBudlong wrote:

UC davis has lots of great info. Even a book just for CA. (which is great btw) I'm in Zone 9 also.
I can't grow lettuce or peas in the heat here.
The rest I just go by what's in the garden stores. Here are a few sites I like. http://vric.ucdavis.edu /
http://anrcatalog.ucdavis.edu/specials.ihtml
http://explore.cornell.edu/scene.cfm?scene=Home%20Gardening