Snow/Hard Frost

Place: Pennsylvania's Northern Tier in the Appalachian Mountains

Dates: October 2 and 3, 2003

What happened: Snow flurries yesterday, very hard freeze last night. Temperature was 26 F this morning at 9:00 am.

What a year!!!!

Catastrophic amounts of rain all spring (veritable monsoons), very wet and cool all summer, wet all fall (what fall we've had)....if the weather continues in the same pattern, we'll have six feet of snow all winter! Ugh.

Pat

Reply to
spamtrap

We had snow off and on yesterday. The ground almost got white there for a while. Here by the lake, we only got down to 29. The prediction was 26 and farther from the lake, I'm sure they got at least that cold.

Steve >

Reply to
Steve

snipped-for-privacy@meadows.pair.com wrote:> >

Here in northern VA we had horrendous amounts of rain. My tomato plants rotted in their pots, even with correct drainage. :-( I am hoping we don't get that same amount of snow. We'd be buried alive. Nooooooooooo...

Minteeleaf

Reply to
Minteeleaf

Send some of that rain out West. Salt Lake City area more specifically. We go weeks without significant rain. Yes, technically we do live in a desert, but it is too much to ask for rain? LOL! Temps the past couple of weeks have been in the 80's. Nice beautiful fall weather!

Todd

Reply to
Todd

I used to live in Susquehanna County, PA. The weather there is one of the reasons I now live in Monterey County, CA. Today was sunny 73ºF with 55% humidity. Gorgeous.

Back to planning my "winter" garden....

-matt

Reply to
BattMeals

snipped-for-privacy@meadows.pair.com wrote in news:q55rnvceanr7ti5f0uld2ho8anhqgdrbkn@

4ax.com:

Huh. Our normal for this time of year is in the low 40's(F), but this past week we broke all kinds of temperature records. We had a few days in the mid-80s!

You're east of us, so hopefully it's coming your way. :) We'll probably be back to chilly northern temperatures soon.

Reply to
Atara