Scape-snipping time in olde New York

And delurking briefly- After a few light showers, things are a-poppin' in the garden, with emphasis on the weeds! I've cut several grocery bags full of garlic scapes, so pesto making will happen Real Soon Now, along with foisting them on some neighbors who don't worry much about the social niceties like sweet breath. For fellow compulsives who are keeping score, I've updated the garlic spreadsheet, to be found on my personal web page listed in my .sig.
Yours in bad breath,
Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at www.albany.net/~gwoods Zone 5/6 in upstate New York, 1420' elevation. NY WO G
Gary Woods wrote:

<snip>
I had to cut mine a few weeks ago. But I'm a LITTLE south of you in Poughkeepsie.
--
Steve

I cut mine about 3 weeks ago, and I just harvested my elephant garlic last evening. They are big and the peels were just beginning to show the cloves separating. I think I got them just in time.
The only downside is that my pet chicken, Nugget, is upset because she liked lounging under a canopy of e.g. leaves. She might have to start rooming under the squash plants.
Mark