Re: Ramapo Tomato Seeds...please!?!?!

Ramapo is an old Hybrid tomato I believe out of production. Some on GardenWeb are planning or trying to dehybridize it. So you won't have much luck finding seeds, unless somebody has an old original packet of F1 seeds lying around. The seeds on GardenWeb are F2 seeds saved from hybrid tomatoes so won't be true to type but will be used to either create an open pollinated version or to extract one of the parents.

Mark

Ive been searching for hours trying to find an heirloom group out > there that might carry these seeds for sale. > > My husbands grandmother has just moved to a living community that has > garden plots. I am trying to help her adjust and get involved (and > stay ACTIVE!!!). She always speaks of Ramapo tomatoes when I discuss > my garden plans with her so as to be able to grow what she wants. > > I would like to grow a plant or two for her to watch at her home, but > cannot find a seed! > > I would be more than willing to exchange for some family zinnia seeds, > some asian pepper seeds that Ive collected and propogated on my > travels or otherwise barter for these seeds. I would even return > seeds after I grow a crop as well no problem. > > Does ANYONE have a resource for these seeds? Can anyone spare 5-10 > seeds from their own collection for me? > > Any help would be great as the time to start seeds indoors up here in > MN is about upon me! > > Thanks so much! > > Erin
Reply to
news.verizon.net