Rosemary infestation

We already have lost one of our potted rosemary bushes and now the same critters have struck our second and last one. Whatever it is leaves a fine web and tiny black nodules. The infected part withers away.
What is doing this, and can be done about it?
TIA
Ed
sorry i can't help, i would try googling a combo of those symptoms and see what comes up..

Hi Ed,
This is probably red spider mites.
I control them by using a hard stream of water from a hose and blasting them off the plant. I have one rosemary in my garden, and I have been doing this for the last five years. It doesn't get rid of them completely, but it does keep them under control. This rosemary started out as a 1 foot tall plant in a 1 gallon pot, it is now 4 feet tall, 7 feet from front to back and 9 feet from side to side.
So check your gardening books for listings on red spider mites.
BigDave
PS No chemical fertilizers or pesticides used here.