Rhubarb

Having moved into a new house I have inherited a rhubarb patch & frui trees, can somebody point me to a good website on how to look afte rhubarb & fruit trees.

Thank

- homerpau

----------------------------------------------------------------------- posted via

homerpaul

No help with growing it but I can give you a "Killer" recipe for using it! Once you eat this its all over but the crying!!!

------------------------------------- Rosy Red Rhubarb Cake

½ cup crisco 2 cups sifted flour 2½ tsp baking powder ¼ tsp salt ¼ cup brown sugar *** cut shortening into the dry ingrediants

1 egg slightly beaten

3/4 cup milk *** add to mixture, mix well & spread in greased 9"x13" pan, pushing up a little around the edges.

6 cups of finely diced rhubarb

1 small pkg of strawberry jello *** spread the rhubarb over the shell & sprinkle the jello around

6 tbsp butter

1½ cups sugar ½ cups flour *** mix thoroughly and spread over all

Bake @ 350º for 40-50 m> Having moved into a new house I have inherited a rhubarb patch & fruit

Reply to
Grandpa

I would recommend a site for taking care of fruit trees:

This site is for fruit growers in backyard orchards. You want to get on a spray schedule, and I would recommend a general orchard spray, until you figure out if more specific steps are required.

For rhubarb, they are heavy feeders, so give them plenty of fertilizer.

Sherw>

Reply to
Sherwin Dubren

Rhubarb likes a well-draining loam, plenty of sun, plenty of room to spread its leaves, plenty of cow manure, and in hot weather plenty of water. Scratch away a little soil from around each plant and half bury lumps of aged manure in the depression formed. Cover with leaf mulch or compost to improve the aesthetics (!) and speed decomposition. Don't cover over the centre of the plant from where new leaves emerge. Snap off any flower spikes if they appear. A sprinkling of blood and bone won't go amiss.

Reply to
John Savage