red scarlet runner beans

I pulled all my plants out and shelled the brown pods. There are green pods remaining, how do I handle these? Do I shell them and dry them on a screen until they dry and shrvile?
Also, some beans are spotted with rust. does anyone know what this is? Should I toss those beans? There are only a few beans with spots so it is not a big deal.
higgledy wrote:

If they are still tender, snap them in to pieces (pull the strings out) and boil them, covered, in just a little salted water until tender.
Runner bean pods are very tasty. I try to pick them all while still green; I only dry the ones that get away from me.
Bob
My mom used horticultural beans. She shelled them and made soup with a little ham. I never knew you could eat the pod too.