Hyacinth pods

Hello-

I have a small group of hyacinths that have boomed and withered. On the stalks were a number of 1-2 cm diameter pods which I pulled off and put aside. They are now each beginning to sprout a thin shoot. My question--can I plant these pods and produce new hyacinth plants? If so, can someone please supply instructions on how best to plant the pods?

Thanks,

Keith Bernstein

Reply to
Keith Bernstein

Hi Keith,

Just put them in the soil and in about 5 years you should see flowers. This site is for tulips, but the process is the same.

-- Newt

Reply to
Newt

Hi Newt--

Thanks for the info. I'll plant them and wait.

Keith

Reply to
Keith Bernstein

Keith, You are very welcome! New