Re: Runner Beans (Phaseolus coccineus) - digging-up and storing

Umm... If one digs up Runner Beans at the end of their season and stores

over the winter, do the plants

retain their vigour. I do not know of any gardeners who treat Runners as

perennial. I have only

read about the practice. I am curious to hear from anyone who treats

Runners as perennial.

Reply to
gregpresley

al wrote: : Umm... If one digs up Runner Beans at the end of their season and : stores over the winter, do the plants retain their vigour. I do not : know of any gardeners who treat Runners as perennial. I have only : read about the practice. I am curious to hear from anyone who treats : Runners as perennial.

Sounds like you live in a cold area because down here in Plymouth they will keep quite nicely if you leave them where they are, in the ground

Robert The Devil's Advocate snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com

Liveforthelittlejoys