Red Rippers

Just had some for lunch ... these were from my garden , and this is the first time I've tried them . Cooked them in the little crock pot for about 3 hours after an overnight soak . Seasoned with some ham scraps , garlic , onion , and salt & pepper. I used too much pepper ... What *are* Red Rippers you ask ? They're field peas , a member of the bean family , and a cousin of blacke eyed peas . Much tastier than their cousin too , IMO . They'll be on my list for next summer fersher !

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Chaos , mayhem , and disorder , my work here is finished ... I was visiting earlier with a friend who is opening a sandwich shop in town , he's the first person I've mentioned RR's to that knew what they were . Almost invited himself over for lunch ! So I carried what we didn't eat for lunch to the shop , but he was gone for the day . His partner put them in the cooler , I expect to hear from him tomorrow .

Reply to
Terry Coombs