Re: Grapes

This is not an answer to your question but I was taught that grapes are not native to New England. Growing up in Connecticut we learned that grapes were imports to the continent as were the settlers. The state motto of Connecticut is "Qui Transtulit Sustinet" (He who transplanted them still sustains them.) The Connecticut flag has three grape vines on it.

"ChrisV01" wrote ...

I bought a Concord grape vine some years back (it was supposed to be seedless, but wasn't). There are also wild grape vines nearby. I see both types of leaves. My guess is that the 3-pronged ones are native and the spearhead-shaped ones are hybridized, since that is the leaf shape that the cultivated Concord vine has.
    Greetings
    I have four grapevines in my backyard in Dallas Texas.
    Three have produced well in the past & all have been in the ground for more than 3 years. One has basically never gotten beyond being a twig with grapeleaves until this year. It has finally grown to the top of the fence.
    BUT I don't have a single grape on any of these vines! We were abroad for most of June. Was there some freak weather? Why would grapes stop producing? I have heard that we had a very wet June.
    Thanks,
--
Bob Mounger