Re(2): Tomato Sauce Recipe?

snipped-for-privacy@sonic.net writes:

Are your serious, Billy? Stevia is banned?
I understand it is also widely used in England in powdered form. Why doesn't Monsanto just pay farmers to grow it and market it? They can put it in expensive little pink/green/purple/whatever packets too. Whoops, guess we can't do that 'cuz it wouldn't be chemical free.
Glenna

dessert - no calories too.
snipped-for-privacy@pmug.org (Glenna Rose) expounded:

Stevia isn't 'banned', but it isn't allowed to be sold as a sweetner, it's sold as a 'supplement'. And once again Monsanto strikes.
--
Ann
e-mail address is not checked

Perhaps Monsanto is one that is behind the push for legislation to regulate nutritional supplements? Regulate, as control by prescription.
Charlie
snipped-for-privacy@pmug.org (Glenna Rose) expounded:

You could try it, but I do know Stevia ishardy to only zones 9-10. According to this article, however, you can hang it to dry and use it over the winter. http://healing.about.com/library/blrr_031299a.htm
--
Ann
e-mail address is not checked

Johnny's carries it http://www.johnnyseeds.com/catalog/product.aspx?category 5&subcategory(0&item#05
There is also a word doc on the page with growing instructions.