Purple Fungus In Compost?

Hi Everybody,
I have noticed recently some purple dust-like material on the top of my compost. I pour enough liquid on, that it should wash off, but the fuzz is there again a couple of days later. So I am guessing that this a some kind of fungus, mold, or something like that.
I use a covered plastic bin, and everything seems to be going OK.
Any ideas what is?
--
Get Credit Where Credit Is Due
http://www.cardreport.com /

Sounds like it.
I don't know much about identifying one kind versus another, but a compost bin is all about letting the decomposers (fungus, bacteria, etc) do their thing. So the chances are quite good that this is a non-problem (and in fact will stop once the decomposition gets to a certain point).

How about a jpeg? :-)
Personally, I wouldn't worry about it. Mold in the compost bin? Thank momma nature!
It's a decomposer second to none.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.