Pruning tomatos

I think I need to prune my tomatos to yield better fruit instead of huge plant growth. I forget though, is it to pinch off the new leaves at the main branches or something else?
andromeda4000 wrote:

You prune the suckers that appear in between the branch and the stem.
..
Thanks, that's what I couldn't remember.
cloud dreamer wrote:

Huge plant growth and poor fruiting could be a result of over-fertilizing. What have your plants been feed and how frequently?
I/m not a big fan of pruning, unless it/s to remove branches that come in contact with the ground to prevent leaf diseases or if I/m trying to win an obesity prize.
I have been following the advice on the box of tomato plant food from K-Mart and feeding one tablespoon dissolved in a gallon of water once every two weeks.
TQ wrote:

Tomats aren/t heavy feeders. Does each plant get a full gallon of 'blue light special' elixir? What/s its NPK?
I/d try laying off the ferts for a month, then resume feeding either half-strength every two weeks or full-strength once a month.

My 5 year old cut the top off one of my tomatoes. It was an indeterminant, will it stop growing now?
TQ wrote:

higgledy wrote:

It shouldn't. At least as long as you got a sucker or two left. Keep an eye out the next few days. Something should show up.
..
Zone 5a in Canada's Far East.

I broke the top out of a t-plant earlier this year. The suckers took over and the vine/s doing fine, which is one good reason not to pluck suckers b/c you just never know when you might need them.