Pomegranate - Lot of Fruits - No Flowers - Please help....

Greeting !

I moved into my new home a couple of years ago in San Francisco Bay Area. I have two Pomegranate trees about 8-10 feet tall in my back yard. There bear a lot of flowers in spring, but no fruits. All the flowers drop towards the end of spring. Any help on these is appreciated...

  1. Are there any promogranate varieties which grow 8-10 feet, that do not give fruits ? (If so, I will give up worrying about fruits.)

  1. Is there something that can be done to get fruits ?

Appreciate your and comments...

Thanks & Regards, Luxme.

Reply to
Prasad

Sorry, I don't know any details of Pomegranate culture. I must say, the way you worded the subject, I was too curious to pass this one by.

Steve

Prasad wrote:

Reply to
Steve

not hot enough? they need temps in the 90s.

Reply to
simy1

They grow here and there in the SoCal desert. Once they get big they seem to do okay over even a harsh winter, but my young one froze back to the roots this past year. Tho now it is growing a new top with even more zeal than before. Next year, after it sheds its leaves, I think I'll cover it for the winter with a big cardboard box.

~REZ~

Reply to
Rez

Maybe you don't have many bees around to carry out the pollination, at least not at the time the plants are in bloom. If you had only one tree I would have also wondered whether you need a second one for fertilisation but since you have two trees there is probably no problem there.

Your subject line had me very puzzled ....

Reply to
John Savage

Sounds like you're missing the bees to me too. If you contact the local extension office they might be able to reveal more, especially if other growers have the same problem. T

Reply to
Thomas H. O'Reilly