ping Nad R & Billy

Page 2 of 2

You certainly have good reason to know exactly what you are eating with that condition. Most low-carb proponents I've seen on usenet, don't have a similar reason.

'refined and easily digestible' indeed, but what about complex carbohydrates? Surely anyone with Type II would know to stay away from simple carbohydrates and know all about the complex carbohydrates. I note that the snippet you've quoted mentions nothing whatsoever about the latter so I'd hope it appears later in that cite.
If I ever end up with Type II diabetes, the first thing I'd do would be to buy myself a decent grain mill. I've recently been toying with the idea because of the wonderful taste that freshly ground wheat gives to my bread - one forgets that wheat has a great taste until you get really good freshly ground flour. Perhaps I should convince myself it'd be a godo preventative investment.
- will increase the

I hope I don't need any more loads this season - it seems to have been rather cold to date.

:-))

Enriched flour is interesting. Some 40 nutrients are removed from the flour, and 5 are added back and it's called enriched.
p. 96 White flour's low protein, vitamins, and mineral content made it "less liable than whole meal flour to infestations by beetles and the depredations of rodents", as Sir Stanley Davidson and Reginald Passmore observed in their textbook Human Nutrition and Dietetics (1963).

Gotta get my work here done. The grape harvest is coming up soon (with any luck at all) so I need to get my house work finished.

--
- Billy
America is not broke. The country is awash in wealth and cash.

If bugs won't eat it, nor should humans :-))

Why is that?

Brain fart.
Most of our wood gets burned Jan. thru March, which is technically winter, but this year we were still building winter fires in April and May. We have some 30 - 40 trees, better to hold the hillside in one place, and all fallen limbs, or overlooked wood from previous tree trimmings went into the stove before the weather improved. Most of what we burn comes from a company that makes gun stocks out of walnut. Usually the trash that our trees throw is used as kindling.
--
- Billy
America is not broke. The country is awash in wealth and cash.

The newer books from Peter Reinhart shows both Imperial and Metric measures for bread making Ingredients. So conversions should not be a problem. I have a small digital kitchen scale that does the conversions for me if needed. The larger measuring bowls also have both systems etched into the glass. And I have two sets of measuring cups in Imperial and Metric for volume measures. So going back and forth these days should not be much of a concern.
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
I spent one hour outside today weeding and I could feel my skin cooking... 96 Fahrenheit. Staying indoors and Hoping for a popup storm to cool things off. Why did I not plant okra this year :(