Peppers

Yesterday we picked over 20 pounds of peppers, Bell, Poblano, Jalapeno and Pepperoncini. Left the smaller ones on the plant to see what they will do before frost. Friday night it got down to 36F so decided I would start picking.
I hate to think what kind of a harvest I would have had if I had planted them earlier and really taken care of them.
--
USA
North Carolina Foothills

It probably wouldn't have made a lot of difference. Most peppers seem to go nuts as the summer cools. Mine were loaded with blossoms and tiny peppers when the frost hit. Steve In the mtns. just a little NW of A'ville
I am very envious due to my own mistake of leaving my peepers on too long and misjudging the nightime temperature I have lost all of them.
--
spes123

watches the night time temps very carefully.