Newbie - introduction

Greetings. I'm new here, unless I might have posted so many years ago that I can't remember.

Been vegetable gardening off and on over the past 30 years or so, depending on when I've had the time; some years I didn't grow anything, and others I grew more than we could handle. I have a rear-tine tiller, and a large garden that is fenced in because we have no leash law to keep dogs from getting in there and making a mess. My garden has been about 1800 square feet for the past several years, but I recently decided to increase it's size dramatically, so I've taken down the fence on one side and have been tilling up the soil to enlarge it to about twice it's size. I'm sick of just mowing grass there when I can have something growing that I can use. I might plant it all in watermelon and use them to make watermelon wine. We already grow more than we use of otherstuff, freezing and canning a lot when we have time.

Anyway, I just thought I'd start hanging out here a bit to see what I can learn. I'm going to really try to plan my garden better this year, and try to start a lot of plants myself from seed. I live in central Arkansas.

Cheers.

Bill Velek

Reply to
Bill Velek

welcome. kinda quiet this time of year. hope you stick around till spring.

Reply to
TQ

Thanks. I will, but probably won't be doing much more than just lurking.

Cheers.

Bill Velek

Reply to
Bill Velek