NASA on gardens

Bill who putters

unable to put their report into context. Most of the growth took place at higher latitudes and the tropics. We are growing forests. A fat lot of good that is going to do us.

We went past peak soil 10,000 years ago. We went past peak fossil fuel

300 years ago. When did peak clean water go by us? The aquifers can't recharge as anywhere near as quickly as we empty them. Let us all pray that peak population can be achieved without a disaster, as we are rapidly closing in on peak food production. Again, pray that it happens after peak population. We have tossed away all practical tools for dealing with our problems, and all we have left now is prayer.

Thirty-five percent of the surface of the planet is already devoted to agriculture. There isn't that much left that isn't too hot, too cold, to high, too rocky, or too dry.

If you want to do the world a favor, don't have any children.

Reply to
Billy