My pumpkins keep setting fruit

I'm growing pumpkins (for Halloween) in my corn. I picked a particularly spready variety this year (Johnny's "Expert") and it keeps setting new fruit. I keep picking the babies and chucking them in the compost, so that I'll get a few big pumpkins instead of a bunch of little ones.
Are baby pumpkins tasty? Can I substitute them for squash in various summer stews, or would I just be wasting good tomatoes and corn?
--

.NET 2.0 for Delphi Programmers www.midnightbeach.com/.net
Delphi skills make .NET easy to learn In print, in stores.
Jon Shemitz wrote:

YES!!! :-)
My mom introduced me to baby pumpkins as a veggie. They are mild and delicious! We ate them green about the size of baseballs.
Please report when you try them? :-)
We just sliced and steamed them, and served them with a bit of lemon butter...
--
Peace!
Om

Thanks.

Perhaps so.

Ugh! I don't really like squash qua squash. It's OK as a texture in a stew, though.
--

.NET 2.0 for Delphi Programmers www.midnightbeach.com/.net
Delphi skills make .NET easy to learn In print, in stores.

Whatever works for you. :-)
IMHO they are very similar in taste/texture to zuchinni but a bit milder in flavor. I was delighted with them, but I _like_ squash. <G>
I never got around to trying them fried, but I like other summer squashes that way. Sliced about 1/4" thick and lightly treated with an egg wash and spiced flour, then fried in your choice of oils in a skillet. Ours was butter and olive oil.
Cheers!
--
Peace!
Om

Pick them small, before the seeds develop, wash them, slice them and roll them in flour. Then fry them. I think you are going to be surprised. They have the texture of a fried squash, but the taste of pumpkin.
Dwayne