Miracle gro

Page 2 of 2
Billy wrote:

while i am in tune with my self and have no specific concerns about which gender i appear to be on-line i do find it amusing how people pigeon hole me based upon a name. remember your biological facts and you won't be wrong in guessing.

i wasn't going to critique... not enough time or energy at the moment.

i have no idea what a biomass stove is... i haven't looked it up.
as for sequestering carbon, at this stage i'm glad for any help in getting it done easily at low cost and with as few emissions as possible.

you'd hear "the end of the earth is coming!" rhetoric if the USoA ever actually had a carbon cap and trade system. the USoA has made a lot of progress even without it in the past 20 years. i hope that progress continues.

we shall see. i suspect it will be quickly defanged (if it has any teeth to begin with).
songbird

As in, only the males birds sing.
snipped-for-privacy@ioa.com says...

...The rule doesn't cut across all species.
not likely
blinded you to the eco-system in which your organism lives, just as surely as your lack of attention must be responsible for your not recognizing that songbird is of the feminine persuasion.
Ohh billy! You been played boy and you still don't get it.
Take a bit of your own political advice and go pound yourself in the ass.
Power up that scooter chair billy boy, its a quick fast ride to the future and your already struggling trying to keep up.
My bet is you never been in the tropics or much less spent time in any environment besides sitting your little backyard garden trying to spin your BS.
Admit it billy you never been anywhere nor done anything in your little miserable existence. Your just another Walter Mitty being a legend in your own mind.
Hopefully you will someday know how ignorant your statement above is. but I doubt it.

I assume this ignorance means something to you and your pseudoscience beliefs ? Perhaps when the lithium begins to take effect you will be able recall what it was. Meanwhile, have you ever spent time in nature except in your Walter Mitty mind?
Until then, I believe I called songbird a Shamanista, which is colloquial gringo word play for medicine woman, her being all clairvoyant and such. A word which you later repeat. However, if you insist that she is of the feminine persuasion, who am I to stop ya.
Before you try to tell everyone that you have KF ... again as you always do please send me your shoe size, I'll get ya some peppermint tennis shoes for the many times ya got your foot, or what ever, in your mouth.
Meantime, it seems funny that I can grow plants using water and the evil chemicals you are telling everyone kills soil, plants and people. However you may have a point, my bonsai seems not to have any soil after I use fertilizers. Some even organic. Oh right, ...never mind I didn't put any soil in , opps, my bad.

(snipped from below)
Really,.... Biochar? Well Bird, you need to have an " idea what a biomass stove is... " to understand biochar.
Charcoal, on the other hand? Yah. just burn a bunch of wood, perhaps you will get some benefit somehow, maybe as a fluffly stuff or as a nutrient source of some sort, otherwise you just blowing smoke L&F. Wood ashes contain about 6 per cent potash, plus a good bit of some lime. A good burn of Corn cobs might give you more potash for your particular soil- 20-30 % perhaps. Just don't burn manure plies for the ash. So again, regardless of a soil test or a soil taste, what does the soil type need? A bit more potassium and Lime? Any idea of the pH your plant need? Misuse, as well as overuse is stupid. I think most will agree to that, except maybe billy. It has to be his lazy man, no till, bury it and they will come but you have to endure his political BS enroute

As the man adeptly points out in his "lightweight article" and the reason I gave it. Zealots like billy attempt to BS about it being some sorta panacea mysticism. But that is just pseudoscience version billy pushes. The little pearl of an epiphany that only the devout can see. So you buy into his version? Does "evil chemferts" kill soil?
Really you want to read deeper or R U just posturing for position like billy? If so join in one of the Google Biochar groups like this" http://groups.google.com/group/biochar/browse_frm/thread/5532ea18b4bc957a .
Please take note, these guys are not the usual Book Writers oft referenced here as subject matter experts. Some of these guys are real serious players and not so theory lite, although your results may vary in your locale. Perhaps you can translate for billy as he & his are still a bit clueless since they read 1491 and this lame attempt to integrate terrre peta into to his great global hope will get some sort of traction.
Still gotta say I am impressed with your Shamanista abilities in analyzing that man's soil solely over the Internet, quite a mystic feat. Indulge me for a moment for curiosity sake, what was the CEC and potassium level of the man's soil?
BTW, still the answer is YES, it is OK to use Miracle Gro, but you know that. The rest is just posturing
chablonski wrote:

Yes it's fine as long as you don't overdo it. But diluted piss works just as well and it's cheaper.
-Bob

Derald, just WHAT are you on about?
You have not left anything from any previous post to indicates what just what you think has been superbly done. Do you expect us to all just sit here at our computers and play guessing games about what you are thinking?
FarmI wrote:

Derald, Gunnar and Billy are on about each other. they need to get a room.
has anyone grown cloves?
songbird

I give references to support my point of view, whereas Gunny and Dim seem to think that we should just support thier unsubstantiated statements. Putting 2 autocrats in the same room probably isn't a good idea. They need to be in separate wards.

fifth grade crossing guard good citizen oath wrote:.

The answer is Still YES it is OK!!!!!!!!
(Pure 60s communist propaganda BS snipped)

You have a climate similar to Indonesia?

How do you know? Derald leaves nothing in from previous posts so may as well be talking to him/herself in a sound proofed room.

The spice? Sorry, I don't live in a tropical area.
FarmI wrote:

when they use each other's names in flinging abuse back and forth that kinda gives it away.
but, anyways, it's not important overall, just a comment on local color so to speak.

at times, other times not.

ok, thanks.
songbird
shit together wrote:

Catch up Farmnal, YOU are now mixing your posts!
FarmI wrote:

When I lived in Los Angeles metro I saw a peppercorn bush at a farmers market. Even there it was for indoors. You'd need a hot house to grow a clove plant almost anywhere in the temperate zones.

Huh? Since when was a peppercorn a clove?
FarmI wrote:

Both well know tropicals. If you have the facilities to grow one you should be able to grow the other. In LA metro even the peppercorn plant needed to be kept in a hothouse. No way anyone in ConUS is going to be able to grow a clove plant anywhere but a hothouse. Possibly in Hawaii but definitely not in any of the continental states.