Master Gardener

Is anyone out there a Master Gardener through their Department of Ag? I am planning to take the class and become one and was wondering if anyone has done this. Just looking for any insight. Thanks
MJ
Add pictures here
βœ–
In article

Yes! And yes, I still feel it was worth taking the class. Unlike books and on line information which is helpful. You will find out what the local resources are, what works and what does not work in your local community. If you stay with the MG association you will keep learning new things.
The negatives or positives (depending on your thinking) is the volunteering time to your community and ... your wallet size.
In my opinion, Each week there should be a different instructor covering the different topics. The views on gardening are diverse and interesting. Not every topic or teacher appeals to the same person. However, I know some communities are just to small for this too occur.
If you take the class... ASK QUESTIONS!!! PICK THIER BRAINS!!! GET YOUR MONEYS WORTH!!! But, be not too disruptive :)
Enjoy Life... Dan
--
Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.

Add pictures here
βœ–

I am sure areas are different but what kind of wallet drain are we talking about. Apparently in my area they are in between instructors so I really have gotten no specifics. Please give me an idea of $ I may be in for. Thanks MJ
Add pictures here
βœ–
In article

You said you were planning on taking a class from the Dept. of Ag. Why not pick up the phone, and call them, or go on line?
--
³When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the
poor have no food, they call you a communist.²

Wow thanks that was really helpful
Add pictures here
βœ–
In article

My class cost $250 for a ten week class. It came with an excellent really large, well written 1000+ page book in binder form that was loaded with local information on gardening. My instructors were true professionals with University Degrees, that owns/runs large local nurseries, farms, people that writes articles in the local newspapers and magazines. My county has a population around 200,000 people.
Your area may be different in cost, information and instructors. Also classes in my area start tomorrow Jan 6. They only offer the class once per year in my area. The classes typically fill up in my area one month before the class starts. You may have missed the boat already.
If you continue with the MG association the added cost is up to you. They offer several garden tours $50+ depending on tour in and around the state. Summer weekend classes at the State Universities on dozens on specific plant subjects. Other side courses on beekeeping and food preserving may also be offered at additional cost.
Like Billy said, the prices for the classes and times are online.
Enjoy Life... Dan
--
Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.

Add pictures here