Lest we forget

Page 2 of 3
On Mon, 04 May 2009 09:50:16 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.com wrote:

Thanks for the description and experience with anti-unionism, Ingrid.
I remember decades ago when farmers and truckers here in the midwest were trying to organize and were being shot at on the highways.
Hopefully even those of our generation, at least mine (I don't which generation to which you belong), are having attitudinal changes and becoming more inclusive and accepting of diversity.
Charlie

That is a parochial statment.
But then of course no-one outside the US would have ever heard of Jimmy Hoffa would they?

I suspect you are being overly optimistic.

Yeah. ;-)
It's been been said by the Scottish historian and philosopher David Hume ...
"Truth springs from argument amongst friends."
I count myself fortunate to have misunderstandings and arguments with you.
Thanks for the continuing education, Fran.
Charlie, up *way* past his bedtime tonite.
<Charlie> wrote in message

Gosh. That's stopped me in my tracks as it's far more of a compliment than I deserve.
Thank you Charlie, I feel quite humbled.

Well now, old china, I guess we're even. :-)
Care Charlie
<Charlie> wrote in message

LOL. I didn't know I was supposed to be keeping a score.......

:-)
Change of course time. Lovey yelled out to my manhole and had me turn on the telly where they were showing a fruit called Chocolate Pudding Fruit...looking it up on-the-line it was called Black Sapote.
You had it or have it? It sounds delightful.
Charlie
<Charlie> wrote in message Lovey yelled out to my manhole and had me turn

Never eaten it but read about it lots of times. It needs far more warmth than where I live. I have trouble keeping a lemon tree alive outside so Sapote is out for me.
"FarmI" wrote:

cream flavors. Sapote trees should grow wherever citrus grows. Many tropical fruits do not ship well but Hispanic markets often sell a variety frozen and as beverages. http://www.thefruitpages.com/chocolatefruit.shtml
In article

When you work for yourself, you work for a real SOB.
--

- Billy
On Sat, 2 May 2009 07:19:10 -0700 (PDT), Mycosimian

Welcome to america, no tips here.....dog eat dog.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFUSTz3p_WY

I'm going to San Bernardino ring-a-ding-ding Milkshake mix is thus my thing now These guys bought a heap of my stuff And I gotta see a good thing shooting up now Folks line up all down the street Now I am seeing this girl devour her meat now And then I get it Wham as clear as day My pulse begins to hammer then I hear a voice say
These boys have got this down ought to be one of these in every town These boys have got the touch It's clean as a whistle and it don't cost much Wham bam don't wait long, shake fries plenty of gum How about that friendly name, heck, every little thing gotta stay the same Or my name is not Kroc, that's Kroc with a K A crocodile is not spelt that way now It's Dog eat dog, rat eat rat Kroc style - Boom like that
You gentlemen are to expand You're gonna need a helping hand now So gentlemen well what about me? We'll make a little business history now Well we'll build it up and I'll buy him out The man they made me grind it out now They open up a new place flippin meat So I do too, right across the street
I got the main I need town, sell em' in the end and it all shuts down Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B. you wanna make a dream reality Competition sent em south, they're gonna drown or we're hosing em' out Do not pass go go straight to hell I smell a lotta meat .....da smell
Or my name is not Kroc that's Kroc with a K A crocodile is not spelt that way now Ohh it's Dog eat Dog, Rat eat Rat Dog eat Dog, Rat eat Rat now Ohh it's Dog eat Dog, Rat eat Rat Kroc style - Boom like that

I know. I was using my fat crayola to emphasize your post and the point.
--
Charlie

"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the
In article

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loyalty_Day
Loyalty Day is observed on May 1 in the United States. It is a day set aside for the reaffirmation of loyalty to the United States and for the recognition of the heritage of American freedom.
The holiday was first observed in 1921[2] as "Americanization Day,"[3] and was intended to counterbalance the celebration of Labour Day on May Day (May 1), an internationally celebrated holiday which was perceived as communist.
Loyalty Day is celebrated with parades and ceremonies in several U.S. communities, although many people in the United States remain unaware of it. Although a legal holiday, it is not a federal holiday, and is not commonly observed.
It was made an official holiday by the U.S. Congress on July 18, 1958 (Public Law 85-529).[4][5] Following the passage of this law, President Dwight D. Eisenhower proclaimed May 1, 1959 the first official observance of Loyalty Day. [6]
--
I was one of the many who had never hear of this atrocity, a perfidious
sham celebration to obscure class warfare, and what the workers of the
Charlie wrote:

If mommie is a commie, then you gotta turn here in...
Now, I'll be humming that for the rest of the day.
Goddess protect me from zealots of any stripe!
On Sat, 02 May 2009 17:17:01 -0400, Gary Woods

Oh, that's just lovely.... now *I* have the earworm. I hadn't heard, nor thought of, that song nor the Chad Mitchell Trio for.....a long time.
In case any of the rest of y'all don't know the tune......follow the link below and feel free to hum along for the rest of the dang day.....
Thanks Gary....you big dope !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG6taS9R1KM

Charlie
Charlie wrote:

Thanks for the link; I have a bunch of that stuff in my palm pilot (that plays mp3). The related links on u-tube had another favorite, "Draft Dodger Rag," which is just as apropos now as mmmmmmumble years ago. Phil Ochs' sister lives a couple of towns down, and we see her at folk concerts from time to time.
[We now return you to your garden, hopefully already in progress].
On Sat, 02 May 2009 18:55:31 -0400, Gary Woods

You going to Decorah this July? I'd like to make it up, but as usual, who knows. Greg Brown is performing and I'd enjoy being there for this.
http://www.seedsavers.org/Content.aspx?src=gregbrown.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK0-bOdXIHs&feature=related

Charlie
Charlie wrote:

Yes, but not until the following weekend for the convention. We make it a road trip with sightseeing along the way. Dear Lady has never seen the Bily clock museum in Spillville, just down the road from Decorah, which also has a reed organ played by Anton Dvorak when he visited the New World. And there's a glimpse of the future: about 5 miles of wind turbines alongside the road across Wisconsin.
On Sun, 03 May 2009 09:39:18 -0400, Gary Woods

Thinking you, and some others, might enjoy this...
Pete Seeger: The Power of Song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh0elZi0KG4

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters/episodes/pete-seeger/exclusive-clips-and-interviews/52 /
I'm workin' and hopin' we can instill some of this in our grands. Pete is another of the true American heros. What courage.
Charlie
Charlie wrote:

I watched this last night on our local PBS station; Pete lives just down the Hudson river a ways, and younger daughter and her husband have seen him numerous times just sitting in at local clubs. I saw him several years ago at a benefit concert in Albany for a local kid's music project. My date said, "Well, he's the guest of honor, but probably too old to get up and perform." Yeah, old Pete is getting on; he only entertained for 45 minutes that day.
Well, the old Troy Bilt is re-engined and running fine; time (finally) to put in the Sugar Snaps!