Kumquat pest?

Hi! I planted a kumquat tree near my grapefruit and orange trees. It was doing well, but now about half the leaves have a thin white film over them. These leaves are wrinkling up and some of them have holes in them like they're being eaten by small caterpillars. Under some of the film, it appears there are small worms or caterpillars.
I have tried spraying them with a general garden insecticide, but it doesn't seem to be helping. Any idea what the bugs are or how to get them to go away?
If it helps, I'm in Houston, Texas.
Thank you!
--
GardeningTexan