Know Your Farmer, Know Your Food

Contains a good search engine for finding farmer markets (USA only)
5. Know Your Farmer, Know Your Food [Macromedia Flash Player] http://www.usda.gov/wps/portal/usda/knowyourfarmer?navid=KNOWYOURFARMER
With all of the talk about the demise of the family farm, the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) has decided to step in to create this campaign to inform citizens about their own local farmers. The basic idea behind this initiative is to "create new economic opportunities by better connecting consumers with local producers." On their homepage, visitors can check out profiles of farmers in their area and learn about how support for such individuals helps strengthen rural communities and protects natural resources. The "Promote Healthy Eating" area is quite useful, as it contains links to other sites that address community food projects and a farmers market promotion program. The "Sights and Sounds" area includes images and videos from the USDA's campaign along with farmers talking about their work. [KMG]
From The Scout Report, Copyright Internet Scout 1994-2011. http://scout.wisc.edu /
Aside EASY French fries EZ COLD START RECIPE look at the video. <http://www.americastestkitchen.com/recipes/detail.php?docid 884&extcod e=M**ASCA00> or http://thurly.net/0umi
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

Theses guys want too much info I'd say kiss off.
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

What a good ideas!
By applying this way we can make sure that our food has a good quality and no much chemical used to grow them.
Bill who putters;912644 Wrote: > Contains a good search engine for finding farmer markets (USA only)

--
jasmin101