its your friendly neighborhood newbie again ;)

Hey all, just had a wonderful weekend in northern ontario and have noticed what I thought was not really a problem with my cukes had progressed.

The problem is that the leaves near the base of the plant are dying, should they? The rest of the plant is doing very well and I have gotten a few cukes off of it already this season (aren't veggies just a million times better from your own garden?)

Should I cut off the leaves as they start to go?

I have also had the problem of my zucchini growing to about 3 to 4 inches and then rotting from the end in. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance d

Reply to
Lattes

Flower, not bee. Just wanted to clarify. Smooshing bees can be hazardous to your health!

Pat

Reply to
Pat Meadows

DAMMIT PAT! You could have at least gotten to me earlier! Now my hands are the size of hockey gloves :p

Next newbie question, should I be pruning my Cukes to get more fruit out of them? How about Eggplant?

Reply to
Lattés

No. No. :)

Certainly not the eggplants, and I've never heard of pruning cukes either. (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.)

Pat

Reply to
Pat Meadows

Yes, cut them off at the point where they enter the ground.

:)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I was just kidding! Prunest thou not thy cucumbers nor thy eggplant lest thy face grow long when thou findest naught but vexation within thy garden yet never a morsel for thy flesh.

Bill

Reply to
Noydb