It's quite exciting

I've got 8 corns that have sprouted(2 different kinds), one pea as well, the blackberry cuttings I got are doing well, as are the berry plants(grape, currant, and gooseberry), my mint plot is growing nicely, the lilac and fruit trees are starting to bloom, and Monday I sent off an order to Bountiful Gardens for seeds(quinoa, hawthorn, and pinon/pine nut tree), and I can't wait to get them...this is looking out to be a very tasty year!
'Lilah Morgan[_2_ Wrote:

Wow, sounds great, what do your blackberry cuttings look like? I got few little blackberry plants, or rather stems :S I'm not sure wha changes I should be looking for, also have a few dormant rasberr plants but as yet no notable changes, they've only been in for a fe weeks though. I'm just starting out with the gardening, it's mostl veggies I'm growing this year but I'd definately love to start a fe more soft fruits & maybe even get a few fruit trees. Yours soun amazing, good luck
-- Freedom_Spark
They're cut vines, about 6 inches long, and I can tell they're doing quite well because the leaves are budding out and growing bigger...the beginning roots are not too easy to see, but I can make them out...it just takes time...and good luck to you as well :-)

Y'know what, all my blackberry vines died, so I'm thinking about trying to put in some dewberry. Dewberry is native to the area and I'm trying more and more to use native plants wherever I can for landscaping to save on water.
Dewberry is really good.

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."