Hot weather vegetables?

What are the good vegetables or fruits to grow in hot weather? I was going to grow red bell peppers this summer, but I found out they don't like hot weather. They just like mildly warm weather. It gets up to 100 degrees or more down here in southern california. Sometimes it gets as high as 115 degrees but not very often. I've noticed a lot of vegetables prefer cool weather.
Wizzer--all the peppers I have ever grown wait until it IS hot to grow very much.
They grow peppers and chilies in Arizona, no?
Deb

It seems that ho,t dry weather go well with higher yields of peppers.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Corn, okra, squash, lopes, melons, beans, potatoes, apples, peaches, plums, oranges, pears, blueberries, and raspberries don/t mind hot wx.
Tomats and peppers don/t set fruit very well when temps reach into the 90s and above but if you got your transplants in the ground at the beginning of the season, you could have some measure of success before the wx turned hot-hot-hot. Once the wx cooled with the approach of fall, fruits would set again for a late-season harvest.
I'm in the san joaquin valley (kern county) and plant beans, corn, tomatoes, summer squash, onions, potatoes, strawberries.... UC Davis has an amazing website. It'll give you more info than you'll ever need.
http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu / http://www.ucanr.org/index.cfm
http://www.ucanr.org/findinformation.cfm?findinfosub=6