Hot Pepper Insecticide

Does anyone have the instructions for making the stuff. Right now I have couple of cups of Jalapeno tops, seeds and some membranes and it just occurred to me that they could be turned into an insecticide. Also, how do you use it and on what?
--
USA
North Carolina Foothills

I haven't had much luck with hot peppers as an insecticide, but they do work well for the four-legged pests. For years I had a huge problem with rabbits eating my sweet potato vines. I put a handful of dried chilies(cayenne I think) in the blender with a couple of cups of hot water and processed for a couple of minutes. The resulting mix was strained through an old t-shirt, diluted to 1 gallon and sprayed on the potato vines. There was no more noticeable damage until after the next rain. You could add a couple of drops of liquid soap (Ivory, not detergent) to help it stick. It works for deer as well. For now just dry the pepper trimmings for use next year. Hope this helps, Steve
The Cook wrote:

I don't know if capsaisum (spelling?) is a good insecticide but I can tell you how to extract it into water. Blend your seeds etc into a food processor with just enough cheap vegetable oil to liquidise, blend until smooth and liquid then leave over night. Dilute this with water including enough detergent to emulsify the oil. If using a sprayer squeeze through a cloth to remove larger solids. Wear gloves! I don't know what strength (if any) acts as an insecticide so you may have to experiment. As others have said it may be more use as an animal repellant.
David

OMG. Just google "chili pepper insecticide".
--
- Billy
Both the House and Senate budget plan would have cut Social Security and

Thanks to everyone who replied. I will be mixing some up in the next few days and trying it next year. If it keeps the critters away that will be a big help. I watched a turtle eat my only cantaloupe this year. And I see rabbits hopping around there frequently.
Maybe I will plant a couple of cayenne next year to use for repellant.
--
USA
North Carolina Foothills
The Cook wrote:

Sounds like it's time for turtle soup and rabbit stew to me ...
--
Snag
Learning keeps

More like a chicken wire fence with the usual L facing outward, underground to keep the rabbits from digging under it.

My stink bugs loved to suck my jalapeño peppers, and my ghost peppers, but not my scotch bonnet peppers.
Greg