HELP - leaf/plant disease!

This is the second year that it looks like my vegetable and flower garden are doomed. I thought it was only the luck of last year when I had crop failure and not to happen this year but I was wrong.

The problem if that my transplants which look very good were planted 4 weeks ago in Pennsylvania. My soil was tested and came back with very acceptable results for all ranges.

The top leaf photo is of my parsely in a container, there is purple fringing of the leaves and the parsely is growing extremely slow.

The nice dark geen plant leaves, especially my Marigolds, are now turning a very pale green and with what looks like a splotchy appearance see the bottom leaf in the attached photo link. They look sick now and not that nice healthy green leaf. The top leaves look better but not the nice dark geen leaf as when they were first transplanted. I have used 10-10-10 fertilizer when I tilled my garden 4 weeks ago and I also included Ironrite to make sure that there was enough iron in the soil.

my vegetables and flowers seem to grown very slow and stay small. The same Lady Luck marigolds would always grow 20-24 inches tall and just as wide for 20 years. Last year they only grew 10 inches tall and 6 inches wide. This year looks like the same is going to happen. My tomato plants grow small and not bushy at all. I tilled in about 10% mushroom soil this year hoping for a boost. The parsley is in a container with just fresh potting soil (no mushroom soil), a little 10-10-10, ironite and a little limestone.

I'm stumped!

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bob P.

Reply to
Bob Petruska

"Bob Petruska" expounded:

I would go with a fish emulsion like Neptune's Harvest. There are hose end sprayers now that you don't have to do high math with You put the product in the sprayer, set the dial for whatever the mix is supposed to be (one tablespoon per gallon, whatever) and spray away. They work quite well.

Reply to
Ann

Ann,

Thanks for the reply, but the original question is what disease the plants have or what specifically are they lacking?

Reply to
Bob Petruska

"Bob Petruska" expounded:

It's tough to diagnose via a picture, and by the time you get a diagnosis the season will be over so - I opted for the cure-all I usually try first. Fish emulsion is full of micronutrients on top of the big three, it usually will cure what ails a veggie plant. Try it while you try to get your 'official' diagnosis.

Reply to
Ann

Ann,

I will do the fish emulsion as I have some.

Thanks,

BP

Reply to
Bob Petruska

Yellowing/faded green leaves generally means not enough N. Purple leaves generally means not enough P.

Ann's idea of spraying with a fish emulsion is a really solid idea.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Flora

snips ---------

I would say fertilizer burn on the top pic of parsley. The second pic looks like spider mite or perhaps thrip damage, not lack of any nutrients. Have you looked close at the back of the leaves for insects?

Reply to
Manelli Family