Greenhouse advice sought

For several reasons, I want to build a greenhouse. I can control the weeds somewhat. I can install a watering system. I can protect the plants from some of the vicious winds we have here. I just have more control. In my climate, I can get a few more weeks on the season, and raise plants from seed to edible food. I can also propagate lots of decorative plants for around the house.
I have access to all manner of construction. Wood frame. Steel frame. Poly pipe frame. I would like to have it approximately 600 square feet.
Can you please refer me to resources that explain the basics so I can get started on this?
TIA
Steve
On 7/9/2011 12:22 AM, Steve B wrote:

What do you want to glaze it with? I think for poly covering, some type of hoop is easiest and cheapest (600 SF is quite large). Google has plenty of designs. With other glazings you may want something different as you have to consider how to attach.
I have a small modified hoop here. East/west orientated with the north side insulated and made out of poly pipe and 2x2's. This winter I'm going to reglaze with SunTuf corrugated polycarbonate with a layer of mylar under (mylar needs UV protection and exterior polycarb has a UV filter on it)

<http://www.wvu.edu/~agexten/hortcult/greenhou/building.htm
--
- Billy

Mad dog Republicans to the right. Democratic spider webs to the left. True

www.growersupply.com Got all you need to start. Some a bit spendy but you can search their products and ferret out other sources,
Cropking is another, really spendy stuff, but they can give ya a turnkey opn if your are looking.
Do youtube videos on Greehhouses. Slick ideas in some. Do look at some hydro setups, good ideas in them too.
Gardenandgreenhouse.net Free Mag. one half ass article every other issue,with 20 ads per each. least you don't pay for it.
Do build as big as you can, it will soon get crowded.
They are so nice to be in early spring ... say Feb/Mar. All your flats srpouting, Winterovers showing new growth. Ya feel like your two timing on Mother Nature.