Germination

I planted seeds about a week ago, and today I noticed quite a few sprouts from some of the rows and zero on the others. I know seeds germinate at different rates, but when is it time to think that they just didn't germinate or sprout? I know many factors can affect germination. Water, temperature, depth. I did get quite a lot of sprouts, and even if half what I planted in seeds and live plants matures, I'll have plenty to do.
Next year, hope to have a greenhouse built, and do from seeds with an earlier start.
Steve
SteveB wrote:

Some things normally take several weeks, don't give up for at least a month. Keep them damp - not wet and warm not hot.
David

My green beans came up so fast, that any faster and they would have knocked the cover off the tray. Peppers, on the other hand, often take 10 days.
Oh, little mysteries of life.
--

- Billy

I keep a garden log of when things were planted, germinated, were picked, etc. One major use is so I can look at a previous year and say, "Oh, those Kentucky Wonders always take 8 or 9 days to show up; relax!" It depends on moisture, temperature, variety, phase of the moon, alignment of Jupiter....