Garden Oddity: What the heck is it?

Page 3 of 3
Isabella Woodhouse said:

Maybe something like hen-of-the woods, or some other type of shelf fungus?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maitake <-- these can get huge

As others have said, they are most likely growing in relation to the poles, not the beans, and nothing to worry about right now.

After enlightenment, the laundry.

Those are indeed beautiful but are not the ones. I'm far more curious than worried. I don't want them taking over the garden.... lol.... attack of the killer fungi! And there's that story about that man who merely inhaled spores and it killed him. That'll give you pause.
Izzy
--
"I will show you fear in a handful of dust"
-T.S. Eliot