Fruits flowering too early?

Hi there, I bought a couple of tomato plants and a strawberry at the beginning of April which are doing well in their containers. I am slightly concerned that they have been flowering for the last three weeks now due to the good weather we had back in April. I'm not sure whether I should be removing these flowers as the plants do not looked developed enough to be producing fruit at this stage and I would hope to channel the energy in to growth of the plant itself by doing this. I was also advised to start feeding the plants once the first truss had set (which with the tomatoes there are a few of now) but again it seems to be too early to be doing this. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks
--
Livs

Even flowering tomatoes usually won't set until evening temp. is over 55F and day time temps are under 90F. The type of tomato and your philosophy about growing tomatoes would enter in to your decision to trim flowers. Me, I'd let it set fruit if it could because I'm in a hurry to stop eating commercial, cardboard tomatoes. You need to fertilize your plants. Most dirt gardeners have fertilizer in the ground before they plant. They need "N" for growth, "P" for setting flowers and developing roots, and "K" for chlorophyl and health. Cut back (not off) on the "N" when they are in bloom or setting fruit, and as fall approaches (for your strawberries). I'd give the tomato 3 oz. of chicken manure now, and again in about 2 months, or some other organic fertilizer.
Hope that helps.
--
- Billy