False Garlic...

Anybody ever had to deal with this?
This is a weed that is an absolute pain in the a$$ to deal with. Listed by the state of California as a noxious weed, and by quite a few others as well, this little $#%^&! is not only taking over my garden, but is also creeping into my dreams....
Anyone had any run-ins with this little $&#!? Any ideas how to eradicate?
TitanTim said:

I haven't had to deal with this one since I lived in CT. It's a cool weather grower, so in your CA the best time to work at controlling might be somewhere in the ballpark of Nov. - Mar.
Spot treatment with 2,4-D (w or w/o dicamba) is what the chemical guys recommend. (Me, I don't use the stuff.)
Careful spot treating with glyphosate might also work. It's recommended that you bruise the leaves before swiping them with glyphosate. Be sure not to get this on any desireable plant. Pieces of cardboard, TP tubes, or paper cups can be used to make 'shields' for spot spraying.
Allow time for the chemical treatments to work completely -- do not pull any dead-looking foliage until more than a week has passed. (You want to make sure the herbicide was taken down into the bulbs.)
Hand pulling, hoeing, or close cutting should *eventually* work. This is also best done while the weed is actively growing.