cucumber question

I am growing cukes for the first time. I am having a problem though, my cukes are turning into a u-shape and then start turning a yellowish color. Any ideas????
They perhaps didn't get pollinated. Has it been too cold or windy for the bees to fly? If so, the problem should correct itself soon.
Steve
ll wrote:

Try not to use cold water for plant, it's a shock for a plant and first which it get rid of is the "fruit-seed". Use normal outdoor temperature water or if it is in the greenhouse that temp. Other, most F1 hybrids does not need polination from bees or other insects , insted take off all male flowers off, better and not sour cucumber will be. I apologize for my Tarzan english, I hope I helped some. Although it likes extra fertilizer KAN (nitrate based 27% active matery - N), preferable by the leaves - liquid ones. Two or three times during vegetation. I apologize for my Tarzan english, I hope I helped some

my

What kind of cukes? Where are they planted..as in what sort of soil, sun exposure, under glass outside, growing on the ground or climbing a trellis? It's way too early for cucumbers where I live, but I should be planting them. Well I *could* have had them in earlier as it was HOT early, but then cold, and now hot again. How big are the cucumbers when they turn U shaped? How long have they been on the vine when turning yellow?
I ask because some kinds of cucumbers grow contorted and it's normal.
Cucumbers turn yellow when they are getting "ripe" if they're left on the vine too long, although I doubt that is the case, but have to rule these things out. ;-)
A little more info will help folks help you.
Janice