Cukes for pickling-timing question

I am growing a small amount of pickling cukes this year. A friend who does pickling each year is going to show me how to do the whole pickling thing. But I'm wondering about timing. My cukes are starting. I just found, and I swear it wasn't there Monday, a 7 inch cucumber, a little bigger than I wanted for pickling.

Can you store these for a while? I can't leave them on the bush cause they'll obviously become huge.

Should they be refrigerated or some more preferred way? I don't like cucumbers--they repeat on me terribly-- but I LUV pickles.

Obviously I'll want to harvest them till I have a nice amount--or the plant peters out. Can't recall if this is a plant that keeps going all season or produces most of its crop in a large flush.

Thanks. DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email) Zone 6b/7, Westchester Co, NY,

Reply to
DigitalVinyl